Saturday, March 23, 2013

Products I Regret Buying

Every time we go through the Dept Store, Watson's, or any beauty store, we are always on the look out for products that might look great on us, can help with our skin and hair issues, or a cheaper alternative. 

You're excited to go home and try these products out. But when you try it out, FAIL
http://battlecryofafluffygirl.blogspot.com/

That's how I look like when I'm disappointed. Hahaha! 

Here are 2 products I regret buying and I'll explain why. 


1. Mondes Professional Moroccan Argan Oil Hair Masque 
250 ml (Price: P109)

I heard a lot about Moroccan Argan Oil and its benefits. It has anti-oxidant properties which can help keep skin youthful and healthy. It can be used for the hair and the skin. Many companies have used Moroccan Argan Oil in their products such as in their deep conditioner, scalp treatment, lotion, and many more. 

When I purchased this hair masque, I was thinking of the benefits of the Moroccan Argan Oil and what it can do for my hair. It's quite cheap for a hair masque and so I purchased it. 



At the back, it tells you how to use it and the ingredients of the product. 

How to Use: Shampoo hair and towel dry. Apply 2 oz.-4 oz. directly to hair. Leave on for 10 minutes (heat optional). Rinse thoroughly with water. Style as usual. 

Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium 7, Amodimethicone (and) Steammonium Chloride (and) Laureth-3, Behentrimonium Chloride, Sodium Pyrrolidone Carboxylate, Argan (Argania spinosa) Oil, Lactose (and) Cellulos (and) Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose (and) Jojoba Esters (and) C.I 777491 (and) Tocopherol Acetate (and) Ascorbyl Palmitate, Cocoa (Theobroma cacao) Butter, Dimethicone, EDTA, Citric Acid, Fragrance, and Methylchloroisothiazolinone (and) Methyllisothiazolinone. 


When you open it, it has an off-white color with red granules. It has a very overwhelming scent which you often smell when you are in a salon. It means this product has so much chemicals in it. :( 

I tried this product 2-3 times already. I really really really hate it. The scent is so overwhelming it makes me dizzy. The scent stays on your hair for a very long time. The same feeling when you get your hair treated or colored. 

When you massage it onto your hair, some of your hair keeps on falling off. This product contributes to hair fall. When your hair dries out after you shower, it feels so dry and worse than ever. 

I don't want to use it again and might as well throw it out. :( 

2. L'OREAL Shine Caresse 702 Juliette (Price: P595)



This is included in my March BDJ Box

On the box it says: 
"Dazzling shine, fresh moisture, light-weight lip color. 

The first lip color to fuse with your lips: rich refined color yet a barely-there lip sensation. 

Lips feel cocooned in a fresh, dewy sensation. 

The modern way to play your lip color." 



It comes in a gold packaging with a transparent side to see the color  of the lip product. You twist to open it. It has a feather-shaped foam applicator to help even out the color on your lips. 


It has a red-orange shade. It has a different texture compared to most lipstick and lip gloss products. It's like a mixture of both.

When I applied it on my lips, I don't like how it tastes. Honestly, I'm a fan of great-tasting lip products. If it smells and tastes good, I love it!! But this one, it tastes like expired berries or something similar to that. Or tastes like perfume!

I applied too much of it on my lips and I turned into a vampire. I tried removing it with tissue but it took awhile to come off. This product is difficult to even out on your lips and has a weird texture. 

I'll just keep it in my spare make-up kit and let see if I can still use it during special occasions (halloween! Hahahaha). 

Before buying products, we should always do our research: ask for advice from sisters and friends, search the internet, read beauty blogs, read the list of ingredients, do swatches, know your skin and hair type, allergies, etc. 

Know what you want and need. :) 


Something to look forward to: Human Heart Nature Haul

Check my previous post: Everyday Evening Skincare Routine

I want to hear from you. Leave a comment below. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment