Sunday, February 24, 2013

Hair Issues: Hair Products

I envy people with naturally beautiful hair. I just wish my hair will be like that. Unfortunately, it's not. :( 

My hair is a combination of straight and wavy. It is a bit dry, fine, and thin. It has been color treated for almost 4 years now. Just 2 years ago, I started coloring my own hair. I used the Revlon Colorsilk Range in 175 and 24. It is quite difficult to work with because there will be uneven patches. Then I started using the Etude House Bubble Hair Coloring in Natural Brown. It's just bubbles! Easy to use. :) But this product is always out of stock. :( 


I shampoo my hair every other day because I'm worried with hair fall! I don't want to be bald when I'm in my 60s. :( I'm not sure if my hair is considered as "damaged" because it has always been like this before I even colored it. 

I rarely go to the salon to have my hair treated. The last time I had it treated, it created trauma not only to my hair but also to my pocket. :( It was VERY expensive and did nothing on my hair but made it worse. :( After that, I started investing on DIY hot oil treatments. I even bought my own heating cap. I'm that desperate. HAHA!

I had it rebonded and relaxed before. I don't like how straight it was and it really damaged my hair. :( 

Hair Products: 
I'm looking for hair products that suit my needs: for moisture, for hair fall, for thin and fine hair, and for color treated hair. 

1. Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner 577 ml
(Price: Buy 1 Take 1 P960)

The description says: An exclusive blend of antioxidant rich coconut oil along with lush keratin proteins to strengthen and soften the hair, while avocado oil and cocoa butter smooth the cuticle for straight, strong tresses, adding a brilliant glow and luminescent shine. 

The shampoo is light brown in color while the conditioner is brown. It has a thick consistency. It smells like coconut. It is gentle on the scalp and hair. This is not great for color treated hair because it does not make my hair soft and smooth as indicated in the description. The scent does not last long on the hair. 

I tried the hair masque from this range. It is great on the hair because it is gentle and adds moisture to the hair. 

2. Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Intense Moisturizing Treatment 237 ml (Price: P449)

The description says: A unique, precious blend of Moroccan argan oil which instantly penetrates the hair shaft restoring shine and softness while strengthening and creating soft, seductive, silky perfection. 

This product has an off-white color. It has a thick consistency. It smells like moroccan argan oil. I use this every fourth day for my hair needs extra moisture. After I shampoo my hair, I gently dry it and apply the product from the scalp to the roots. I use a wide tooth comb to evenly spread the product onto my hair. I gently massage my scalp and wrap it either with a shower cap or a hot damp towel. I rinse it off with lukewarm water. 

It feels great on the hair. It makes your hair smooth and helps add moisture to the hair. :) 

3. TRESEMME Smooth and Shine Shampoo and Conditioner for dry, frizz prone hair 600 ml (Price: check nearest grocery store)

It comes in a pump bottle. The shampoo has a silky texture while the conditioner has a creamy one. It smells great! These products are great for color treated hair. It leaves your hair clean, smooth and silky. It feels like you just came out from the salon. :) 

The shampoo may be considered as a clarifying shampoo. I don't use this as often because it can cause additional dryness to my hair. 

They are both great if you are planning to straighten or curl your hair. (TIP: If you will curl your hair, no need to use conditioner. This will help hold the curls longer)



4. LUSH Big Sea Salt Shampoo 310 g (Price: P995): 
The description says: Sea salt shampoo to give your hair lift and volume, make it easy to get a comb through and smell great for hours. Have a big hair day. This is like having your hair lifted on a sea breeze. 

This is a clarifying shampoo. It helps clean your hair and scalp. It has sea salts and has a different texture unlike most shampoo. It helps exfoliate your scalp and gives extra volume to your hair. :) It smells really good!! It lathers really well on your hair and leaves your hair smelling good for hours. :) 

I use this once a week just to help clean up my scalp and hair. :) Go try one. It'll give you a new shampoo experience. :) 

5. LUSH Roots Hair Treatment 225 g (Price: P895)

The description says: Thine be the glory-Don't despair, we've got a treatment for thin and fine hair. The route to mighty fine hair. Fine hair needs careful looking after. This treatment is packed full of ingredients to revitalize from root. 

It's main ingredient is mint. It's off-white in color. It has a minty scent. It feels cool on the hair. Great for summer! 

This is how I use it: I part my hair into 4 even sections. I apply the product on dry hair and leave it on for 15-20 minutes. It is quite hard to work with most especially for color treated hair. I shampoo it out and condition after. I use it every fourth day and it helps give volume to my hair. 



6. Dove Damage Therapy Intense Repair Overnight Treatment 120 ml (Price: P390) 

I use this on a weekly basis. It comes in a pump bottle. It has a creamy texture and smells like detergent (overwhelming at times). I use this at night and sometimes in the morning. It gives shine and moisture to the hair. :) After I wash my hair, I squeeze out extra water from the hair. I part my hair into 2 sections. I apply 2 pumps on each section and massage it on the hair. 

7. Mondes Professional Moroccan Argan Oil Hair Masque 250 ml (Price: P109)

I bought this from Watsons. It's cheap for a hair masque. It has an off-white color with red granules. It has a light-creamy consistency. It has an overwhelming scent (the one that you smell from the salon). I used this 2-3 times already and I don't like it. :( I feel that this contributes to my hair fall. The scent is too overwhelming. 

8. Fruits of the Earth Gugo Shampoo (Price: P200)

The description says: An original restorer extract from gugo bark. The bark contains abundant amount of saponin which is responsible to the abundant lather produced when mixed with water and other natural ingredients extracted from variety of the best quality herbs, plants, trees, and fruits. An agent that stimulates the hair growth, helps control psoriasis, dandruff, prevents premature baldness, controls lice, strengthen the hair roots, will improve healthy and beautiful hair. The nourishing extract maintains the natural moisture and balances the healthy condition of the hair roots. 

It comes in a plastic jug container. It has a dark brown color and smells great! Surprisingly, it lathers really well! :) I apply it onto wet hair and massage it for 3-5 minutes. It leaves the hair clean, shiny, and healthy. :) 

If you have something to say, leave a comment down below. I like to hear from you. :)  

Something to look forward to: LUSH BIG Sea Salt Shampoo Review :) 

Check my previous post: Skincare Products

Know more about LUSH products: LUSH
Know more about Organix products: Organix
Know more about Tresemme Products: Tresemme

Buy products that are CRUELTY FREE (not tested on animals). Ban those who do. 

6 comments:

  1. I have tried the Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner and the TRESEMME Smooth and Shine Shampoo and Conditioner, but none of them worked well for me. I was really disappointed, especially with the Tresemme products since a lot of people have raved about it. My hair is fine and naturally straight but since I tied my hair a lot during high school, my hair started becoming wavy, so I had them rebonded and also, I had my hair colored a lot in the past couple of years.

    The only shampoos that works for me are the Pantene and Dove products, but I've noticed my hair becoming oily, so I use Suave Clarifying Shampoo once a week.

    I guess I'll be sticking to this routine for a while, but I'm really interested to try the Lush Big Sea Salt Shampoo too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan of the Organix Shampoo either. :( Stopped using it for awhile now. I like the Tresemme Smooth and Shine Shampoo and Conditioner. It's better than the Organix one. I'm trying a different shampoo and conditioner from L'oreal. The one I got from my BDJ Box. Let's see how well it works on my hair type. :)

      Try the LUSH Big Sea Salt Shampoo. Though, it's a bit drying. Check my review on it. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi kaka, where do you buy organix products? :) - zhang

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zhang! It's available at SM Megamall Watsons and Department store. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi! �� saan nyo po nabili yung Gugo shampoo? :)
    Thanks, have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Sorry it took a long time to reply. :) You may get it from any ECHO store. :) There's one at Podium. :)

      Delete