Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Product Match-up: St. Ives Apricot Scrub Versus Burt's Bees Peach and Willow Bark Deep Pore Scrub

Have you ever experienced being torn between two options and don't know which one to choose? Or buying a product that you have tried and tested for many years but willing to try out and discover something new instead? 

Yes, I know the feeling. There are hard-to-choose-between-the-two sort of feelings which happen everyday. With the food that you eat, the clothes that you wear, the activities that you do, or even the products you buy. It is a difficult process. 

But, if there are people who can help us decide (such as myself, ehem ehem!) then life would be a lot easier. Don't you think? 

Let's get started with my latest torn-between-the-two products. The tried and tested one versus the try-something new product. 









My Thoughts: 
I've been using St. Ives Apricot Scrub ever since I was in High School. It is very affordable and can be easily found in most supermarkets and grocery stores. I like how it smells and the texture. It does give an intense exfoliation while you scrub it on your face because of the grainy texture of the granules. What I don't like about it is the scent when you do not store it well. If the cover or the product gets wet (or placed in a damp area of the bathroom), after some days it will smell spoiled or not fresh. :( You have to keep it in a cool dry place. :) 

With the Burt's Bee Peach and Willow Deep Pore Scrub, I find it expensive, boring, and non-exfoliating. :( It is 500% more expensive than that of St. Ives; it doesn't have an appealing scent (which I always look for in a product. Plus factor!); and the texture is not what I look in a scrub. :( 

If I were you, St. Ives is a better buy than Burt's Bees not only because of the price but also the quality, quantity, availability; and the exfoliating factor of the product. :) 

Sorry Burt's Bee, but St. Ives won. :) 


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to hear from you. Leave a comment below. :) 

Something to look forward to: Which body scrub should I buy?  
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment