Sunday, March 17, 2013

Everyday Morning Skincare Routine

It is very important to have a morning skincare routine. Before investing on products to include in your routine, one should understand their skin type and skin needs. Identify if your skin is: dry, oily, or combination/normal. You should be the expert of your own skin. :) 

After assessing one's skin type and needs, we should take note of the following: 
  1. Cleanse
  2. Moisturize
  3. Prevent
  4. Repair
I'll share with you my daily morning skincare routine. Take note that these products are fitted for my skin type and most of these products might not be suited for everyone. :) 

1. Cleanse
The Face Shop Herb Day Cleansing Foam aloe (P265)

After I shower, I use this to gently remove the impurities accumulated overnight. This helps to prepare my skin for products I will apply during the day. 

I tried following the suggestions of beauty blogs that we should only wash our face once a day, which is during the night. I noticed that it does help maintain the moisture on my face but then, since I started applying sunblock on my face, it became too oily. :( But when I started washing it every morning, my face was less oily than before. :) 

I recommend quickly washing your face than taking time to clean it. Make sure to clean your face well the night before. :) 

2. Moisturize 
The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream 50 ml (Price: P750)

I dry myself up and immediately apply my moisturizer. It's best if you pat the products on your face rather than applying it in a circular motion. 

This feels light on the skin and helps control extra sebum and shine. You don't have to worry about being oily within the day. This is great for the summer!! 


3. Prevent
Nivea Daily Face Fluid SPF 30+ PA++ 30 ml (Price: P224.75)

After the moisturizer, I apply the sunblock. This helps prevents UVA and UVB rays from penetrating my skin. It's also an anti-aging agent to avoid wrinkles and sunspots. It's a great way to prevent future problems from occurring while you age. 



4. Repair
Clinique All About Eyes 7 ml (Price: ?)

I dip my ring finger onto the product and gently pat it under my eye area. It reduces circles and puffs. It's a preventive measure for wrinkles, dark circles  and puffiness.


Make your morning skincare routine a habit. :) I've incorporated new products to my routine. I'll let you know my thoughts really soon. :) 

I want to hear from you. Leave a comment below. :) 
Check my previous post: My First BDJ Box!


Something to look forward to: Make-up Routine 

No comments:

Post a Comment