Saturday, February 9, 2013

Valentine's Day Special: LIP Products


In recent studies, men find lips the most attractive part of a woman's body. 
"The average man will spend more than half his time looking at her mouth and if she applies lipstick he will find it near impossible to look away."

Men love lips fact: 
  • A dash of lipstick will hold a man's attention for 6.7 seconds while a saucy shade of red will keep his interest for 7.3 seconds. 
  • Men find thinner lips appealing by 40% once lipstick had been applied (Source: Men Love Women's Lips)
This Valentine's Day let us give more attention to our lips. :) 
I've never worn lipstick before and use it only on special occasions. I heard people talk about its side effects on your lips and as much as possible I try to leave it bare or with minimal lip gloss. But this year, my lip product collection has grown! 

From left to right: The Body Shop Lip and Cheek Stain, NYX LSS640 Fig, The Body Shop Born Lippy in Raspberry, Maybelline Watershine Pure C11, and NYX Xtreme Lip Cream XLC06 Buttery Nude


1. The Body Shop Lip and Cheek Stain
The Lip and Cheek Stain is one of the bestsellers at the Body Shop. I've been using this for almost 8 years now! I like this product because it has 2 uses: as a blush and lip stain. 


It's compact and can easily fit your purse and make-up kit. If you have special events, you may carry this along for its dual purpose. 



The regular price is P795 (Sale: P375). They also have Buy 1 Take 1 sale which you can also avail. But I prefer their P375 sale but this does not happen often. Hoarding is not a sin. ;) 


It has a watery consistency and can easily be blended on the cheeks for a natural flush look. A pea-sized amount works well on each cheek. It can last a long time on your lips and cheek. No lipstick stains! 


















I give The Body Shop Lip and Cheek Stain 5 thumbs up! :)

I will definitely and absolutely repurchase this! :) 



2. The Body Shop Born Lippy in Raspberry 
I love the Born Lippy Lip Gloss range. I tried the Strawberry and Raspberry. They both taste and smell sooo good. Enough said. :) 

It's good over lipstick or on its own. :) However, this is not a lip balm. It won't help with chapped or cracked lips. This pot can last for months! 

TIP: You can use lip balm on joints, cuticles, hair, make up, noses and eyebrows. (Check this out: 6 Uses for Lip Balms)


Regular Price: P275
Sale: P195

















I give The Body Shop Born Lippy in Raspberry 5 thumbs up! :)

I will repurchase this! :) 



3. NYX LSS640 Fig
I got this lipstick from a friend (ehem!). I like the color and it is very pigmented. A couple of swipes can give your lips a pinkish color. This is great for summer and valentines day. :) 

It has an average packaging. The bottom part shows the actual color of the lipstick. No need to do swatches. :) However, their packaging is not durable and not suited for traveling.  

Regular Price: P150 (not sure)












I get dry lips often and need to re-apply lip balm. This product feels dry on my lips that's why I have to apply lip gloss over it. 

I give NYX LSS640 Fig Lipstick 3 thumbs up! Because of its drying effect on my lips and its non-durable packaging. Although, this lipstick is quite cheap but hard to find. You can buy NYX lip products at: Digital Traincase


3. Maybelline Watershine Pure C11 
This was also given to me by a friend (ehem ehem!). I don't know how much it costs since it was a gift. :) 

I like the color. Its great over another lipstick or on its own. It gives a shiny and glossy effect. Hence, the name. 

It gives a natural look on your lips and non-drying. :) 





I give the Maybelline Watershine Pure C11 a 4 thumbs up because the color can sometimes be too pale and the paint on the packaging can easily peel off. 

I'm not sure if I will repurchase this. I'm not gaga over the color. 


4. NYX Xtreme Lip Cream in XLC06 Pinky Nude (It's not Buttery Nude)
The description says: It's not lipstick, nor is it gloss. It's like nothing you've experienced before. It's liquid lipstick that goes on with full Xtreme color and intense shine. 















I bought this from the Digital Traincase. They have a small booth at the Eton Cyberpod near Robinson's Galleria. 

The consistency is thick unlike most lipstick. It gives a bright pink color on your lips and is very pigmented. It has a subtle scent and taste. :)

This shade of pink is great for summer and Valentine's Day. :) 














I give NYX Xtreme Lip Cream in Pinky Nude 4 thumbs up! They did not give justice to the name. Not hydrating at all. Just felt ordinary. 



To know more about The Body Shop products, check: The Body Shop
To avail NYX products, check: Digital Traincase

Buy products that are CRUELTY FREE (not tested on animals). Ban those who do. 

2 comments:

  1. Great review. Good thing you are not using long lasting lipsticks because most of these contain lead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll check if my lipstick prods have lead. Thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete