Sunday, February 24, 2013

Skincare Products

Before you look at the products I use, here is a description of my skin. :)

My skin type is Normal/Combination skin. Some parts of my skin are oily 
(t-zone areas) and some areas are dry (near the lips and nose). My skin is not sensitive but may react to new products. I rarely breakout. If I do, it must be because of stress, pollution, or long overused pillow covers and towels. I am also acidic

I have broken facial capillaries near my cheeks and mouth area. Broken capillaries may be caused by genetics or overexposure to the sun. In my case, it must be genetics because my mom has it too. I haven't done anything to treat this condition but I'm planning to buy a facial cream rich in Vitamin C. Or if you have any suggestions how or products you would recommend, leave a comment below. :) 

My skin has acquired sun spots due to overexposure to the sun. In the previous years, I've been going to the beach without applying sunblock on my face which I really really regret. :( Sun spots or liver spots are areas of increased pigmentation that have developed due to sun damage (Source: Causes of Dark Spots). Last year, I started applying sun block on my face and neck everyday just to help reduce the appearance of sun spots and to help fight off UV rays from the sun. 

My eye area is puffy, with fine lines, and dark circles. I have eye bags ever since I was young so this might be part of my facial features already. Boo!:( 

SKINCARE PRODUCTS: Face

These are the products I use. Some of them are used regularly while others are on a weekly basis. 


  1. The Body Shop Cotton Rounds (Price: P150): I use it with my toner. It is gentle on the skin. It has 2 sides. A smooth and rubbery side. The smooth side can be used on the face while the rubbery side may be used on the neck or when removing nail polish. It is quite expensive for a cotton pad (P150). Wait for it to go on sale instead. :) Or find a cheaper alternative. 
  2. Human Heart Nature Nourishing Face Toner Tomato Extract for Normal or Sensitive Skin (Price: P89.75): After washing my face at night, I use this toner to get rid of extra dirt. It smells like tomato and does not dry my skin. I use a few drops on a cotton pad and gently apply it on my face. However, it stings when rubbed on the skin or when too much is applied. Human Heart Nature products are hard to find because not all grocery stores sell their products. This is proudly Filipino made. :)
  3. The Face Shop Herb Day 365 Cleansing Foam in Aloe (Price: P265) I wash my face twice a day: in the morning and at night. It is gentle on the skin. It does not dry my skin. It has a creamy texture and then foams up when applied with water (not as foamy though). The description at the back is in Korean. :( Hope they write descriptions in English to help their non-Korean customers. 
  4. The Body Shop Nutriganics Smoothing Eye Cream (P1000+): I use this at night. It is creamy and has a glittery finish. It has a slight vanilla-ish scent. I get a small amount and rub it between my ring fingers. I tap it gently under my eye. I try not to apply it on my lids because it adds to the puffiness on the eye area. My eye area seem to be the same and I don't see any results. :(  
  5. Clinique All About Eyes reduces circles and puffs (Price: ?): Every morning, I gently dip my ring finger to get a small amount of product. I rub it between my fingers and gently dab under the eye area. It provides ample moisture to the area but I haven't noticed any results yet. 
  6. LUSH Ocean Salt Facial Scrub (Price: P995): I scrub my face twice a week. This scrub has chunks of sea salt which helps exfoliate the skin. The sea salts are quite overwhelming on the face most especially for people who are not used to coarse textures for facial scrubs. Others use this not as a facial scrub but more as a body scrub. This helps prep other areas for shaving. I like it for its texture and scent. Check my friend's review on this. :)
  7. The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream (Price: P750?): It is light on the face. It has a mild scent. It is good for combination/oily skin. I just love love love. Check my review on this. :) 
  8. Human Heart Nature 100% Natural Moisturizing Night Cream with Plant Collagen (Price: P145.75): After cleansing my face at night, I immediately apply this product. It has a creamy texture and feels light on the skin. Although, it doesn't give any significant result or effect on the skin when you wake up. It just gives moisture but not as moisturizing. 
  9. Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque (Price: P329): I used this on a weekly basis. After cleansing the face area with lukewarm water, I pat it dry and apply the masque. I'll leave it on for 15-20 minutes. Your skin will tighten for the product is in its drying process. Wipe it off using a clean warm towel.  
  10. Nivea Daily Face Fluid SPF 30+ PA++ (Price: P224.75): Sunblock application is important most especially now that summer is fast approaching. Sunblock helps in the anti-aging process for it fights off UV rays. This product has a light consistency and scent. It's in a fluid form and can be easily spread on the face. I apply this on my face and neck everyday. 
  11. Cetaphil UVA/UVB Defense SPF 50+(Price:?): This product has a thicker consistency and a higher SPF than the Nivea one. I use this when I'll be getting a lot of sun exposure. I don't know the price because someone gave me a free sample of it and I'm planning to buy one when it runs out. 
If you have something to say, leave a comment down below. I like to hear from you. :)  

Something to look forward to: Hair Issues :)

Check my previous post: What's Inside my Make-up Kit

Know your skin type: What's Your Skin Type?


Know more about Human Heart Nature products: Human Heart Nature

Know more about LUSH products: LUSH

Buy products that are CRUELTY FREE (not tested on animals). Ban those who do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment